Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lets talk exercise

UGGG probably my least favorite subject right now. Im not going to go into anything to deep, because truth be known..Im not an expert on exercise.  What I do know however, is that getting healthy, requires exercise...

I have always been really good at exercising, 6 days a week at least. However, I never saw any weight loss due to exercise. The reason, I just wasnt doing it right. I would do only cardio, Zumba or walking. I hated strenght training, required too much use of muscles and made you sweat.  Yeah I know, right?

What I do know, is that once you are in a routine, exercise is easy peasy and comes naturally and you look forward to it. But stop for 3 days and your exercise world crumbles.


Like I said Ive always been good at exercising 6 days a week, but 2.5 months ago I came down with bronchitis/ashma.  It stayed with me for a month, I was put on inhalers, prednisone etc.  So to say exercise was an option, would be a lie. Then, just at the end of my illness, I had some skin cancer taken out of my neck. Yeah, a nice gaping 1.5" hole right in my neck.  Needless to say, no exercise for 3 weeks until that completely healed. During that healing time, I decided "surely a nice family bike ride would be a good form of exercise not to strenuous the doc will never know. I mean what could happen to tear open stitches on a bike right" (You see where this is going)! So off we went to the river, to ride the bike trail. As my luck would have it, bike/rider malfunction and I flew over my handlebars and jacked up my wrist and my elbow (and my face). Another few weeks for that to heal.   My wrist and elbow were still pretty jacked. I guess your not supposed to brace your fall by putting your hands outs, it does all sorts of wrong to you. Ended up with a sprained Radial head....I finally decided I can get back into cardio at least 2 weeks ago. Probably the hardest thing Ive had to do thus far..I made time for it twice that week. Didnt work out last week and this week so far Im 4 for 4. Praise Jesus!

My point is...Im not gonna pretend Im some workout expert or even an enthusiast, but what I will say, is exercise is important! Its hard, its not fun and it will make you sweat and stink, but its important. So if you can only squeeze 15 mins in to start off, then do it and be proud of that 15 mins because I guarentee with time, you will begin to notice how much better you feel and that 15 mins will turn into 30, 45 or 60. But be proud of what you can/are willing to do today and dont let anyone bash you for trying. 

This week I started with 15 mins strenght, the next day I did 20 zumba, the next 30 cardio/interval and today I did 45 mins of walking/strenght and guess what? I feel really great with my accomplishment! You can too.

So get up and get moving!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment