Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Chocolate Quinoa Protein Balls??

And who said eating clean is boring.  This my friends, is a fav around my house now. I have tried making many different protein balls and my problem is, I find a recipe, I start to follow it and then I start making it my own and next thing you know, life gets in the way and you lose the site you got the recipe from and you forgot your changes. So this time Im writing it down before I do anything else. Because I really want to share this with y'all



Chocolate Quinoa Protein Balls

  • 2 cups of cooked quinoa, cooled
  • 1/2 cup natural almond butter
  • 1 large banana, peeled
  • 1/4 cup of dried cherries
  • 1/4 cup of Amazing Grass chocolate greens
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tbsp agave
INSTRUCTIONS

Put almond butter, banana, dried fruit and Amazing Grass Chocolate greens in a food processor and blend till smooth.  Scoop out into a bowl and add Quinoa, chia seeds and agave. Mix well. Scoop out with a tbsp and make balls onto a baking sheet. Then put in freezer. When frozer transfer to a SAFE non plastic means of storage

These balls are raw so they need to stay in the freezer. 

SIDE NOTE

You can substitute the dried fruit with chocolate chips. I didnt use chocolate chips well because honestly I just didnt have any. But I did add 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder.  Use this as a model and make it your own, thats what I do.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment